Wednesday, February 25, 2009
As the Terrebonne Parish Library is a member of the Louisiana Library Consortium, our patrons have access to "Learning Express Library," a database which allows you to take real-time practice tests as well as to download great test preparation materials...at no cost to you.
To use the Learning Express Library:
1. Go to http://lalibcon.state.lib.la.us
2. Pull down "Terrebonne Parish Library" on the pull down menu.
3. Enter your library card number where you are prompted. You can find this number on the back of your library card--we call it "The Knowledge Card"--beneath the bar code. It begins with "20268..."
Scroll down until you find the "Learning Express Library" link (as shown above) and click on it.
5. You'll be taken to the page of Learning Express Library. You'll have to make a username and password, but remember, it's free. You register at the screen that looks like this:
6. Then, choose your subject area (like college prep)...
7. Then choose the test you desire:
And that should get you started. Remember, you can call the Reference Desk at 985-876-1733 if you need some help.