FREE TAX HELP FROM VOLUNTEERS
The Volunteer Income Tax Association will be at the Terrebonne Parish Main Library from Tuesday, February 2nd, through Tuesday, April 13th, to help you file your tax form at the following times:
Tuesdays: 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Saturdays: 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
(NOTE: VITA will NOT be at the library on Saturday, April 10th or Tuesday, February 16th.)
This service is primarily for the elderly and low-income filers.
Those Wanting VITA Assistance Must Have:
- All W-2 and 1099 forms for 2009.
- Driver's license or other photo ID.
- Social Security cards for everyone in the household.
- Birth dates for everyone in the household.
- 1099-INT forms showing interest earned on bank accounts.
- The name, address and tax ID or Social Security number of child-care providers for child-care credits.
- 1099-G forms that show unemployment payments.
- SSA-1099 forms showing Social Security payments.
- Pay records from jury duty.
- W-2G forms for gambling or lottery winnings.
- Those who wish to have their tax refunds directly deposited into their checking accounts or payments to the IRS drawn directly from their accounts must bring a voided check that includes a routing number and bank-account number.
For more information about VITA, contact Jennifer Gaudet of Catholic Social Services at 985-876-0490.